After over 20 years of stateless-web based on the stateless request-response paradigm, we finally have web applications with real-time, two-way connections.
Node JS Training in Nepal Course Objectives
- Structure a Node application in modules
- Understand and use the Event Emitter
- Understand Buffers, Streams, and Pipes
- Build a Web Server in Node and understand how it really works
- Use npm and manage node packages
- Build a web application and API more easily using Express
- Connect to a SQL or Mongo database in Node
- Understand how the MEAN stack works
Pre-requisite / Target Audience:
- Knowledge in async programming will be added advantage
Module 1:- Introduction to Node JS
In this module, you learn What is Node JS and advantages of Node JS and How Node JS Works and the difference between the traditional web server and what are the limitations of the traditional web server modal.
- What is Node JS?
- Advantages of Node JS
- Traditional Web Server Model
- js Process Model
Module 2:- Setup Dev Environment
In this chapter, you will learn about the tools required and steps to setup development environment to develop a Node.js application and to work with the REPL to work with the Console.
- Install Node.js on Windows
- Installing in mac os
- Working in REPL
- Node JS Console
Module 3:- Node JS Modules
In this chapter, you will know what is a module, functions, and examples. And achieving modularity and separation of concern with the NodeJS Modules.
- Module Types
- Core Modules
- Local Modules
Module 4:- Node Package Manager
This deals with working with npm to install and update packages and Updating your package to the NPM and managing and updating your current Packages.
- What is NPM
- Installing Packages Locally
- Adding dependency in package.json
- Installing packages globally
- Updating packages
Module 5:- Creating Web server
In this chapter, we will learn to create a web server, handling GET, POST, PUT and Delete requests and listening to certain port numbers and handling routing with the basic web server.
- Creating web server
- Handling http requests
- Sending requests
Module 6:- File System
In this module, we will work with files, reading, writing, updating files, and the concept of chunks, buffers, and uploading files synchronously and asynchronously.
- Writing a File
- Writing a file asynchronously
- Opening a file
- Deleting a file
- Other IO Operation
Module 7:- Debugging Node JS Application
In this chapter, you will learn how to debug node js application. Debugging is a process of tracing the bugs and performance issues to optimize your code.
- Core Node JS debugger
- Debugging with Visual Studio
Module 8:- Events
In this chapter, you work with the events in Node JS, and the significance of the events, writing your own events because Node is an event-driven framework.
- EventEmitter class
- Returning event emitter
- Inhering events
Module 9:- Express.JS
In this chapter, you will learn how to use the express framework to create web applications. Express is the most popular framework to build efficient web applications with minimum coding.
- Configuring routes
- Working with express
Module 10:- Serving Static Resources
In this chapter, you will learn how to serve static HTML pages to the browser, and serve other file formats and restrict certain files.
In this, you will serve static resources with built-in middleware.
- Serving static files
- Working with middleware
Module 11:- Database connectivity
In this chapter, you will learn how to connect to SQL Server and perform CRUD operations. It is like ADO.net for MS.NET applications and JDBC for java. We will use different Node JS modules to connect with database.
- Connection string
- Working with select command
- Updating records
- Deleting records
Module 12:- Template Engines
In this chapter, you learn how to use template engines to perform 2-way data binding and appending dynamic data to the webpage and different view engines and their syntax.
- Why Template Engine
- What is Jade
- What is vash
Real-time Project involving most of the above concepts with the following will be provided
- Product Abstract Document
- Requirement Specification Document
- Step-by-Step procedure for building the project from ground up
- Complete Source Code
- Database Script with Sample data
- Instructions to Setup the Project on a Development box
- Instruction to Deploy the project on Production Box / Microsoft Azure
At the end of the course, participants will be able to
- develop an application which involves database operations.